Friday, January 17, 2014

Magazine posters

These are some music poster; they are all different and all of the songs that they are representing are different. To start off the music poster at the top is by Sara Bareilles; this is the artist which I have done my music video on. This poster works well together; using light tones and bring different images together. I like the idea of putting the city on the piano. To me this represents Sara playing her music to the city and sharing all she knows with everyone. With having the light blue tone and the moon; this to me represents that everyone is calm and happy and are living together nicely. I really think that this poster has more meaning to it, when you look closer. I also think that this poster can be represented in so many different ways that it suits many people's needs.

 The next music poster is by Miley Cyrus. Miley is known for her slightly outrageous music videos and this is what makes her 'different'. I now believe that Miley is now such an iconic symbol that there is not much need to put much onto the poster.You know that this is true because on this poster, Miley's name is not mentioned. I like this poster because the picture answers the song name. It is like Miley is shouting out, that she cannot stop what she is doing and she is expressing that to you, with all that she has. I really like this poster. I think the close up on this works very well and it says a lot about this person.


 Lastly this poster is by Bastille. Bastille's music poster is very calm. The colour's that are used are subtle and it gives a chance for other parts of the magazine poster to stand out. The masthead 'BASTILLE' is very large and stands out so that everyone knows who it is. The next big thing is the concert date. I think that this magazine works well together and I also like the layering of the posters.


No comments:

Post a Comment