Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Albumn covers

For my Ancillary tasks, I am going to take some shots of the main person, Sarah. I am not going to go for a 'busy' CD cover because I think that it can look a lot better when there are little parts. Although because my song is called 'Brave', I want to have something on the cover which shows this. Here are some examples of covers that inspire me and which have some ideas that I may like to try to see if it works.

This is the actual album cover from Sara Bareilles, who sang the song 'Brave'.

I like this cover because it is simple and doesn't have too much going on; I like the way that the word 'BRAVE' have been enlarged so that it stands out to the audience.

The colour scheme is also very subtle; the main colours are black, white and brown; from the hair. I feel that covers look better when they have about 2-3 colours.



Here are some other album covers that I also like and would be a good idea to use:

 I like this Back cover because again it hasn't got too much going on; the main attraction is the girl on the front which draws the reader in. The song names are smaller and don't bring that much attraction to the page.








I like this cover because there are only a few colours being used, this album cover is nice and simple and it has been made from a different genre. I like this cover because it is different; you can see what effects has been used and it is good to see that this person was not afraid to try something different.






This is another cover that I also like; the difference with this cover to the Sara Bareilles one is that the name is enlarged and that is what is being stood out to the audience. Where as the Sara Bareilles one has the album name standing out. The colour scheme in this album cover is blue , and white. This is good because blue is a bright colour which stands out to the audience and makes them want to see it. The act; Lana Del Rey is the is stood right in the middle, underneath the mast head. This one is one of my favourite album covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment