Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Reading of my music video - Brave

I don't feel that my music video can be read in different ways, the song name is Brave and it has 3 different clips of being brave. It is quite a simple concept but has a deeper meaning. Something that I like about my music video is that everyone can make it personal to themselves; everyone has times of having to be brave or when they have been brave. This song inspires and motivates people to push themselves beyond their limits and help them realise that they can achieve more than what they ever imagined.

I think that someone could dislike my media text because they may feel that some of the scenarios of being Brave are not very realistic. Some of the things that people think being brave is:

  • Saving somebodies life
  • Putting out a fire
  • Doing a particular job (Police, Solider, Fire fighter etc.) 


They are just a few examples but it does show you what the stereotypical definition of being brave is. I feel that I have challenged that definition and are showing some things which is brave. Here is the definition of brave; 'Ready to face and endure danger or pain; showing courage'.

My response of that is that being 'brave' does not have a criteria. Maybe phoning your parent is not brave to some people but not everyone has to say you are being brave; you know when you have pushed yourself and when your being brave. I wanted this music video to have a mixture of scenes where being brave is at different levels.

From the feedback that I have had on my ideas of being brave has been positive and that is one of the main reason why I have stayed with this idea. Another reason why I wanted to keep with that idea was because I did not want the music video to be too serious because it was quite an upbeat song, this was the main reason why I went for some more lighthearted brave scenes. If the tone of the song was darker and had more of a heroic sound then I would have used ideas which would have caught the target audiences eye more.

No comments:

Post a Comment