Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DRAFT of Evaluation



Evaluation of A Day In The Life Of A Dog

I had a few ideas of what I could do for my Day in the life and I wasn't sure at first. They all ranged from a dog, student, pencil and even a keyboard. In the end after thinking about different story lines, I decided to chose a dog; this is because I have a dog and I thought it would be much better then the rest. Although I had a couple of ideas and have now decided my final idea, it did take me a long time to think of these; a lot of questioning whether it was right to do. Since I was unsure, the filming was a bit behind and so was my editing. Because of this, I did have parts where I rushed my work and things came out messier than what I would have liked. For next time I have learnt to be a lot quicker on thinking about my ideas and to get all my filming and editing done on time. If I am not sure about something, get it sorted as soon as possible so that I am not sitting around wondering what to do. I feel as an improvement that I need to improve my creativity skills; i need to step out of the box and try something new and different, even if I am unsure.

For my research and planning, I didn't do too much which is why I did struggle with this task at first. All I did was write down a list of ideas that I wanted my dog to do and thought that it would be a lot simpler than it was. I did find that it was useful having wrote something down, but I didn't go by it that much which was a mistake of mine.

Media conventions

To edit my day in the life of work, we used final cut pro (FCP). There are so many techniques that you can learn easily without much assistance. Here are 5 techniques that I used with little assistance and how I used them.

1) Slow/fast Motion
To do this is very simple. Get your piece of work and select the part that you want to slow down or fasten up.













Once you have selected this you need to go and press the button on the right hand side of the page which looks like this.




When you press this button you will see options for different things. At the top there will be an option for fast or slow motion. Press the one you would like to use. Once pressed you can decide how slow or fast you want to make this clip. Your options are 25%, 50% or 10%. Choose the one you would like to use and once you have done this the box you have selected will now have either slowed down or fasten up. If you want to make any changes just drag on the box and change to how you desire.

2)How to cut using the blade
To do this you need to go to the arrow above your editing board, a few examples will come up. You need to decide which one you want to use, in this case you will use the blade.












Once you have selected the blade you need to make sure that you know the exact parts that you want to cut. Start from the left and select the place where you want to start the cut. You will know if you have the blade on because there will be a small image of it next to the cursor. Once you have your desired area click on the other part. Now this section will be on its own, and you are free to do what you want with it. You can delete it by clicking on the section and clicking delete or you can move it to somewhere else.

3)Making a title












If you are wanting a title on your work then what you need to do is you need to press the 'T' symbol and a images of different styles of titles will appear. You can scroll down and select your prefered title and drag it to where you would like it. Once you have placed it where you would like, double click on the text and write in what you need. You now have a title.

4)How to upload videos








No comments:

Post a Comment